View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 03:44 AM
lots2do

I knew the Quilting Board would come through for me again. What great advice! I thank you all for sharing your thoughts and advice.
Got a phone call @ 5:30 a.m. saying that we'd have a delayed opening this morning due to slippery road conditions. I'll have to remember to be taken off that list at the end of June!
I'll have my teaching certification for three more years but I don't think I want to teach or volunteer in a school. I agree that after 32 years in the driver's seat, it could be hard to be a helper. There are some young writers' organizations in Florida that at some point, I may want to check out. When we are in Maine in the summers, there is a local literacy task force that might be a possibility. I've joined a guild in Maine already and have found some very friendly people. I'm working on doing the same in FL.
Most of all, I can't wait to see a project through to completion on my terms. I have a lot of stash and yarn to play with and I can't wait to dive in. In FL we'll live right near the Pinellas Bike Path and I can't wait to walk every day. I just have to make sure I'm safe with the sun.
Your posts have made me so much more excited! And relieved, too. DH and I have a lot of changes in a short amount of time. It's felt a little overwheming.
Thank you all again. Happy quilting!
PS i think I'll splurge on that Aurifil thread set I've been eye-ing while I still have the bigger paycheck.