View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 02:52 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
If you are letting them flop around in the washer the hooks are going to catch in other clothes and the like.
Likewise, underwires can get bent with the washing and spinning and twisted in with the other items.

For washing ... instead of a lingerie bag .... just fold your bra with the cups with the right sides together and inside facing outwards. Position , the hooks in the centre. I've been doing this for sometime and have not had any damage to the hooks or the adjustment loops, wires, etc.

The dryer was on the fritz - called out the repairman and when he was done he said that he fixed it, but cannot guarantee anything - the underwire came out of the bra, got stuck in the mechanism in the spinner and broke the dryer. I was very embarrassed, never dreamed I would lose an underwire. He said it was quite common. So, I don't buy bras with underwires anymore. They are wretchedly uncomfortable and my dryer is 41 years old. And I am 76! Which one of us is going to last the longest. I just throw my bras in the wash - I don't snap them or anything! They come out just fine. Edie