View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 05:18 AM
Needles

What you no doubt have, is hand excema, my husband got it after a couple of years working with polymer clay. So he quit using that art media. His mother was a seamstress over 70 years. In the winter, her hands were terrible as living in OH, wool was a main fabric of choice of her clients. I have problems with some fabrics myself. The worst culprit, which is in most of them, formaldhyde! Then if imported, the containers shipped in have the enteriors sprayed full, then sealed before being put on ships. This is to keep nasty things from being transferred to other countries.

Scents of any knd, in handlotions, soaps, laundry and dishwashing detergents are also culprits. We use Curel UNscented Ultra Healing lotions. Dove UNscented (fragrance free) soaps and bathwash, unscented laundry detergent and wear gloves to wash dishes altho Ivory Liquid is the mildest. The BEST products are slathering inexpensive petroleum jelly on your hands at night, put your hands in inexpensive cotton gloves from The Dollar Store, and your hands will feel ten times better in the morning. Been working for ten years now. Dermatologist gave hubby all this info. Only problem, can't stand to be in homes with candles burning, can't stand the laundry/soap aisles, any scents really almost make us sick. Especially people who bath in perfume.............most do. Good luck.

Last edited by Needles; 04-10-2015 at 05:20 AM.