Old 04-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Notwendy

I work in a corner of the kitchen, have 4 cats that make everything a bed and am also very distractible (i.e. too much out and I feel overwhelmed). All that being said, you'd think I'd keep my space tidy. Ha! I have piles that I move around until I can't stand it anymore then I shove everything into storage bins willy-nilly. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

To help organize (hide) the various projects so I can't see them all the time, but won't end up cramming them somewhere they will get mixed with other fabrics, I'm adding a tall Ikea Billy book case with a glass door. The door has layers so you can frame fabric or decorative paper to keep the contents from showing. That should help tidy the area (my other hobby is training pigs in a variety of aerial maneuvers).

To those of us (myself included) that think more room to spread out would solve matters - I point to our purses as exhibit A. When my purse gets so overwhelmingly filled with stuff that I can't find anything, I get a larger purse. Then I fill that one with so much stuff I need an even larger purse. And then I add more stuff because I now have more room, right? Until eventually I can barely lift it and start shopping for a wheeled tote - does this slippery slope sound familiar? : )

Speaking of slippery slopes and how all open systems tend towards entropy, maybe I should get the double Billy book shelves rather than the single? You know, just in case.