Old 04-10-2015, 11:13 AM
grant15clone

I just wanted to share a couple of pix of the latest CFR (catch, fix, release) in my shop. A 1936 Singer 201-2. This machine has an interesting story. I saw it at an Estate Sale and asked about it. The woman that helped me was outside when I was bringing it out and I stopped to thank her for her help. She asked me what I was going to do with the machine. I told her that I fix machines for a living and I was going to fix it and sell it. She then told me that she was interested in it when I was done with it. (sold it to the person, that sold it to me, before I got it to my car???) I finished it last week. She picked it up today. That is a first for me.

Front before and after.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]516482[/ATTACH]

Back before and after. (huge transformation)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]516483[/ATTACH]

And a close up of the bed, needlebar, tension, etc.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]516484[/ATTACH]

As you can see, the machine was in need of a lot of attention. All new wiring, a couple of missing parts, a broken part here and there, a lot of cleaning and polishing, motor and drive rebuild, tune up, and she is ready for another 60+ years of service. The new owner and I are both happy.
~G~
Attached Thumbnails front-before-after.jpg   back-before-after.jpg   img_8468.jpg