Thread: Thank you!
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Rodney

Default Thank you!

I just received a package in the mail today that Skip (Glenn) sent me. I am completely floored by the kindness and generosity the members here have shown me. Skip and the other men associated with QB put together a lap quilt for me that is just incredible. They used a quilt as you go method that I would like to learn. Every block is bound separately and somehow the blocks were stitched together without the stitching showing. Near as I can tell, it's magic. I still haven't figured out how it was done. It's obvious the guys put some serious time and effort in putting this together for me. The workmanship is outstanding! I'm not sure who made it, but there's even one block with a sewing machine with my name embroidered on it! The man who made it even hand quilted around the various items in the picture! That's just one highlight, the work on all of it is first rate!

I also received a hand woven scarf and hand towel from Roger Young along with a note explaining that he doesn't quilt but does weave. I can only guess at how much time he spent on them but they are incredible! I am amazed that Glenn and everyone else were able to put all this together all back channel. I never knew a thing until the box arrived today. Great Job Guys! I know how hard it is to arrange something like this and coordinate it without the recipient getting wind of it.

Thank you to everyone who participated in making this quilt! It's something I will treasure and I will be bringing it to the hospital with me.
I'm very sorry I still haven't found my camera's computer cord. As soon as I do, I will be posting pictures.
Thank you again to everyone who made this happen and to Skip for putting it all together.
Rodney