View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 08:49 AM
quiltingbuddy

Originally Posted by ladydukes
Wouldn't it be wonderful if bobbin thread could almost be endless, like large spools of thread?? My DSM does not have a 'warning' beep on it (like my Janome 9000 did) to let me know that my bobbin is running low. I'll be sewing away, then discover - oops, no thread in the bobbin!
I agree, and it's so hard to anticipate when a bobbin will run out! I try to listen more closely when I think it's close to time and the sound will be different when my bobbin is empty. It's nice to finally feel like I'm getting to know my machine. They are all so different aren't they?

Boy I wish I had seen the cone thread holder you guys have put the link to before DH bought me the one from the Bernina shop. No loops, no options just a bottom that is a piece of metal with an indentation where the cone sits with a bent metal spool holder (is it supposed to be slightly bent?) and a bent metal rod where the thread comes around. I'm really disappointed in it as the thread comes out from around it on occasion and messes me up, and it was like $30 I think. If he wouldn't get his li'l ol' feelin's hurt I'd trade it in. That CT one looks like a really great holder!

I use the aurafil cones generally and like them but it looks like there are other great options out there. So thanks ladies!