View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 09:16 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

How many machines do you have. Get another one and use the one from DH on another machine that you can occasionally piece on. Then no feelings hurt and both are happy. Just tell him (if he asks) that you have one for each machine and they are designated threads.
Originally Posted by quiltingbuddy View Post
I agree, and it's so hard to anticipate when a bobbin will run out! I try to listen more closely when I think it's close to time and the sound will be different when my bobbin is empty. It's nice to finally feel like I'm getting to know my machine. They are all so different aren't they?

Boy I wish I had seen the cone thread holder you guys have put the link to before DH bought me the one from the Bernina shop. No loops, no options just a bottom that is a piece of metal with an indentation where the cone sits with a bent metal spool holder (is it supposed to be slightly bent?) and a bent metal rod where the thread comes around. I'm really disappointed in it as the thread comes out from around it on occasion and messes me up, and it was like $30 I think. If he wouldn't get his li'l ol' feelin's hurt I'd trade it in. That CT one looks like a really great holder!

I use the aurafil cones generally and like them but it looks like there are other great options out there. So thanks ladies!