View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 08:47 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

I have been known to make several projects from one quilt magazine, especially Christmas issues, as I get ideas for projects to make and sell at a craft fair. I used to subscribe to several quilt magazines, however, since we are on a limited budget with SS, I have renewed only a couple magazines on a regular basis. I have, however, kept older quilt magazines because I often find a pattern that strikes my fancy that I looked over previously. I do like to go through my magazines periodically and keep those that have a pattern I would like to make, then I give t hem to my girlfriend who either keeps them or passes them on. She is also a Kindergarten teacher and apparently finds pictures, etc. that her students can cut out to make art projects. I just can't see tossing them out, I would rather pass them on to someone who might find them useful. I'm afraid I'm bad about mystery quilts, as I want to see the final quilt before deciding if I want to make it, so I will wait until I have all the magazines, and until then I keep those issues together. I have done a few, going issue by issue, but I am often not satisfied at the end results - guess I'm too much of a controlling nature; although I am starting to "loosen up".