View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 09:47 AM
luv-e

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
My DD and I hosted a baby shower the other day. A game she found on line might work for you. It was as funny as all get out

Mystery Guest----------find (or seriously disguise) someone to play the mystery guest. Dress as wild as the person can and they will be carrying a big purse--Big Purse--we used one of the jeans shopping bags I make. Anyway, fill it with stuff----------we had a back scratcher, a plastic juicer, noise maker, a bowling pin, flashlight------------stuff not generally in a purse. We had 25 items--------ran out of room since some things were pretty big. Now, one item has to be a fake invitation. Your guest will walk in looking for a nearby party (this may be a problem for you, depending on your facility) one that is at 1422 Red Hill Road instead of 1244 Red Bank Road. Anyway, the guest gets very frustrated, cause she doesn't see anyone she knows and Minnie (your choice) and her 90 year old hubby Clyde aren't to be found. Change the story to suit yourself. So in open view of your guests, this gal starts pulling stuff out of her bag looking for HER invitation that has the correct address and phone number--of course---it's at the bottom of the bag. So Mystery reads her fake address out loud and huffs and puffs and stuffs her belongings back in her purse and huffs out the door.

Then ask your guests to write all the times they can remember. You have to have someone who is a real cut up. The gal who did our mystery guest was hilarious. Most likely you'd have to ask one of your folks to do the job. The floppier the hat and more outlandish the clothes, the funnier.
Oh!! I just love this!!!! We have some colorful women in the grp. They will probably fight to play the woman LOL LOL

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-31-2017 at 04:02 PM.