View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Mitch's Gram

Our house isn't old, but we're the ones who built it and that was over 30 years ago and it's not finished it. We started the process of really tackling the final work on it last summer and unfortunately, hubby asked me to hire someone I just knew couldn't keep up with the work load. Needless to say, it didn't all get done and some of it needs to be torn apart and redone. I did what I could, but I'm hiring someone else to the rest this year.

First, we need to wait until all the snow is gone and most of the mud dries up. Then I'm changing out all the windows in the house because everyone is so drafty and no longer fit right. Our roof was guaranteed for 25 years and it's lasted for 30, so we got our money's worth and now it's time to change it before we have issues. We're thinking of taking off our small porch and building on a wrap around porch.

Maybe, just maybe, I can have a house that's finished and I don't have to think about working on it anymore and just concentrate of my fun projects from now on and of course, the garden in the summer. I will have my share of work to do on the house, mostly painting and a few wood working projects, but I'll be able to trust this new guy to do more on his own.