View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Buckeye Rose

I use glue all the time and love how easy it is, even for the big ones. I lay out my batting first and then position the top over the batting....then fold back 1/2 of the top and put down thin lines of glue (straight from the bottle, full strength) about 3-4" apart.....then smooth the top back into place and pat down well....depending on the batting and where you are basting, some will use the iron to speed the glue drying process....if I air dry the glue, I usually let it set for at least an hour before I move the sandwich and do the other half.....then I flip the top/batting and put down more glue onto the batting and smooth on the backing....ALWAYS put the glue onto the batting and smooth the fabric onto batting....that way you can see any wrinkles/tucks/issues and fix easily before drying ever starts....I had one sandwich that sat for a while and the glue did turn brown, but it washed out with a long gentle warm water wash, with no staining.....just make sure you get washable school glue.