View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Sheree from Chicago

Originally Posted by jbud2
I have a office chair with rolling wheels at my computer and at the sewing machine. For some unknown reason, while I was on the computer, I passed out. I must have fell forward and the chair went backward, and I hit my mouth on the way down to the floor. I don't know how long I was out but when I opened my eyes, I didn't recognize the underside of my desk right away - a different-than-normal view! My lip was split and bleeding. Hubby and I were to go on a weekend trip and so he was home. I called and called him - the dog came running and the barking got my husband's attention. He came running upstairs and got me up and cleaned up the blood on the carpet. I was a bit woozey but cleaned up my face and realized I had cut threw my lip. I knew I would need stitches so he took me to the ER. I got the stitches, but they called my family doctor and she KEPT me in overnight and I had the ABC of tests! I was released the next day with no reason why I passed out. My doctor would not let me drive for a month!!! This was 2 years ago and it has never happened again. If I had not needed stitches, I would not have gone to the ER. The doctor said you would have told me, right? Since it was going to be another 3 months till a regular visit, I probably would have forgotten it! The funny thing is, that I had to go see her to get the stitches out. She did NOT have the right tool to cut them out!!! OMG! A week or so later, I felt something irrittating in the same area, and when I investigated, I foung another stitch so I clipped and pulled it out myself. LOL!!
I'm glad it was two year ago and hasn't happened again!