Old 04-12-2015, 09:19 PM
DresiArnaz

My favorite is the old blue and yellow ohio star variation on my profile page.

I pieced it 20 or so years ago.

Didn't get around to quilting it until maybe ten years ago. I just slammed it together using double batting, and a bunch of old blue workshirts for the back. It was bound with black bias tape I had laying around.

There is no real craftsmanship. I just threw it together to see if I could even make it look like anything I wouldn't have to hide in shame. When I was 18 I made one out of old blankets, jeans and shirts that was tied. It wasn't very pretty but it was okay for picnics at the beach

Then I tried some star quilt from colored jeans-a bit thinner and got into a big mess trying to match points. I eventually threw that one in the trash and gave up for about a decade.

As I got older, I learned more about it and I have a whole lot more patience. Having to rip out seams because I goofed up is not the end of the world anymore. It's okay if it's not perfect. So what if I have to do something over again?

Losing the drive for perfection and some of my OCD tendencies helped.

I never took classes and didn't really know anyone who quilted. Back in the day, there was no quilting forum or internet. I just kind of stumbled along the best I could hoping I would get better

The blue and yellow one will always be my favorite because I didn't feel like giving up on quilting when I was finally able to finish it