View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 06:08 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Is it a 332 or 260? These 1950s Pfaffs have quite a few mentions here
It's both - a 332-260. That's what mine is, as well. It only says 332 on the body, but the 260 part refers (I believe) to the fact that it has the built-in cams and all the extra stitches. A plain 332 doesn't have the bulge and swinging door on top to get to the cam selector.

For me, it is a copy of the machine I learned on, so it's both the baseline I compare other machines to, AND it seems very boring and ordinary. So while I know it's a great machine and I have a very special place in my heart for it, it's not a very exciting machine for me because it's not "new" to me.

I think the machine that surprised me the most and I'm the most fond of is my Rocketeer. I loved it for its looks long before I got into sewing or vintage machines, and when I finally got one I expected it to sew poorly...just because I assumed they spent all their effort on the looks and not on the function. To my surprise and delight I've found it to be a wonderful machine to sew on! Somehow it's just FUN to use, and it makes wonderful stitches. And the style is just not to be beaten, I love that atomic-era look.