Old 04-13-2015, 11:45 AM
grant15clone

Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
it looks wonderful........it car wax safe to use? will it hurt the decalls?
SMO (Sewing Machine Oil) is safe to use on almost any machine in almost any condition. Car wax is better if the condition of the paint is good or new. It is even good on plastic machines (so I hear. lol). Car wax CAN, on certain finishes "Fog" or give a milky cloudiness to the painted finish. It is not common, but it can happen. Most newer machines and ones with a good surface will look their best with car wax IMHO. ALWAYS test it in a inconspicuous place first in a small area. Wax, wipe, buff, and see how it looks. If it is good and there are no problems, continue working in small areas at a time until the machine is all cleaned and waxed. I have had some machines where the bed was fine but the body would fog, and visa versa. Just take it slow and pay attention. IF you fog the paint with car wax all you have to do is wipe it with SMO and it will look the same. If you use SMO to clean and shine your machine, you will have to wipe off the excess oil before you sew on it or it may stain your material.
I hope this helps.
~Grant~