Old 04-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by M cubed View Post
I am a science fiction reader so I read anything by Asimov, Heinlein, Norton, McCaffery (the old tried and true books - good stories)
This is me, too, you've listed some of my favorites! Some other sci-fi authors that I love and you might also like (and probably already know about most of these) - Ben Bova (probably my #1 favorite), Larry Niven, Alastair Reynolds, David Brin, Jack McDevitt (he has 2 series going I like a lot), Allen Steele (some of his stuff is on the funny side), Arthur C. Clarke (loved the Rama series), Robert Charles Wilson, & John Scalzi, off the top of my head. (Leaving out all the obvious classics like Vonnegut, Zelazny, Bradbury, etc.)

And then on the Fantasy side, S.M.Stirling is a recent find for me; just binge-read 20 of his books and can't wait for more to come out. Also love Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss, Rob Thurman, Peter V. Brett, Robert Jordan, George RR Martin, Jim Butcher, Kevin Hearne, L.E. Modesitt Jr., and Jack Whyte. (Again, leaving out a lot of the classics)