View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 06:33 AM
margecam52

Originally Posted by milly35 View Post
I know that most L/A owners love their machines. I am have researching midarm and long arm machines and test drove the TinLizzie 18 ESP at a Quilt Show this weekend. Just looking for some input on TinLizzie machines.
There are some good TL groups on yahoo.com. Tinlizzie18.com is the company link...videos, support, info, etc. I have the TL18LS (2009) and have a Qbot V3 attached.

The encoders have cables that can go bad (wire inside breaks if crimped or bent too much, etc.). The encoders are the stitch regulator...and they have "tires" (rubber rings) that do crack and wear out...you have to replace them now and again (as with any longarm with encoders).

These are excellent machines for the price.... Customer Service has come a long way since I got my Lizzie. The company had a deal with dealers that the customer had to go through that dealer (so the dealer would learn to fix issues, which didn't happen, many ignored the customers requests for help). TL company has taken the customer service back for the most part.

Our TinLizzieLongarm yahoo group has a lot of really good, helpful folks. If you are looking for info...join, you don't have to be an owner. TL company also has the Queen quilter on sale right now...nice low end entry machine. But the larger, computer operated machines are wonderful, if you can afford them (I couldn't).

Oh, and the TL18 company has a Facebook page.

The TL18ESP is the upgrade from my machine. I've heard lots of kudos from users of that machine...biggest issue was the metal frame by Grace (had a bump in the middle)...TL company now provides their own metal frame...or wood frame (mine is wood). If you do get a TL made machine...be sure to register it. It let's them know the origins of when and who put the machine together...helps them help you.

We have members with really older machines & the company still helps them...they do have to pay for parts/shipping...but they will help.

It took a bit for Ernie (owner) to understand that one disgruntled customer could post online and really hurt the company...one reason he decided to bring CService back in house.