Old 04-15-2015, 07:27 AM
joe'smom

I'm nearly there with my Grand Illusion quilt top, but am having trouble deciding on a final step, if any. First photo shows the finished top, second photo shows top with an inch strip of pink, which I had intended to use as a transition to an outer floral border, which I decided I didn't like, third photo shows the thin pink strip followed by an outer border of the second darkest pink used in the quilt, fourth photo shows a thin gold strip in place of the pink, followed by an outer border of one of the blues used in the quilt. (I'm currently thinking I'd cut an outer border at 4"; the dark pink strips shown were cut at 4 1/2".)

The options I see are: 1) leave on the thin pink border and plan on binding in that pink, 2) take off the thin pink border and plan on binding in that pink, 3) keep the thin pink border and add the dark pink (wine with hot pink lattice) outer border, 4) remove the thin pink border and add a thin gold border plus the blue outer border. Does any strike you as obviously the best choice?
Attached Thumbnails imgp9757-copy_fotor.jpg   imgp9780-copy_fotor.jpg   imgp9782-copy_fotor.jpg   imgp9792-copy_fotor.jpg