Old 04-15-2015, 09:34 AM
Rhonda Lee

Default Have you ever completely reorganized your organized studio?

We have two homes. One which we are currently living in and one we will be living in when current home sells. Our new home is 350 miles from the current home. This living arrangement has been on going for about 3 years. We spend mostly scattered week ends and a few one week at a time 'vacations' at our new home. It's not convenient to go back and forth even though I'm retired. My husband is still working.

We have moved a tremendous amount of stash and sewing supplies to the new home and a lot of household furnishings. The problem with the new sewing studio is, no shelving in the closets. My husband is planning on making the shelves for me.

Meanwhile there are a lot of tubs of fabric sitting in the middle of my new studio.

I've stopped and started a lot of different ways of organizing in my years of quilting and stashing. I'm looking to streamline everything once things are settled for us.

I want to change how I fold and store fabric and think I'll go with Bonnie Hunters method of folding to fit the shelves. This will be a big help with the yardage; now, I have to move bundles to find whats hiding behind.

I have approx:

50 to 100 folded large bulky yardage pieces.

3 or 4 hundred pieces of fabric on comic book boards.

25 or more sterilite containers that are 15 x 11 1/2 x 6.

10 or more sterilite containers that are 15 x 11 1/2 x 3 1/4.

5 or more sterilite containers that are shoe box size.

With fabric in both places and the 'hunting to find' I feel everything with my once organized quilting life has become unraveled.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks for a place to vent!