Old 04-15-2015, 10:53 AM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by notmorecraft View Post
I think it's mportant to know if your machine uses a usb stick, what is the best size to use, do you need to use manufacturers usb, .
Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
My low-end embroidery machine has a usb port and I didn't know about needing software to import and edit purchased designs. I thought I could just buy designs, put them on a usb stick and transfer them, but it doesn't work that way. After a month I found a reasonably priced on line program that works very well for me.

You don't need a computer program to transfer designs to your machine if you're not doing any editing to the design other than what you can do in the machine itself. All you have to do is format the USB stick to your machine before you load the design onto it. I have 3 machines and the only program I have is the free Wilcom Truesizer for changing formats between my machines.

No you don't have to use the USB sticks they try to sell you with the machine. Any USB stick will work, but the smaller the stick the faster the machine will load from it.

Cari