Old 04-16-2015, 10:04 AM
Caroline94535

Smile I don't know if this forum is going to be healthy for me.

I don't know if this forum is going to be good for my health.

I joined hoping to learn to properly oil and maintain my mid-century Pfaff 130 and Singer 15-91. What I've found is more info than I'll ever be able to process, a wealth of inspiration, such wonderful photos, such knowledgeable people...and I keep reading statements along the lines of "I don't really want/need another machine." "I wasn't looking for another machine," or "just one more."

I am not a collector. I lived a gypsy/single girl/military woman lifestyle until I was nearly 37. My biggest "collection" was vintage mother-of-pearl buttons, tatting shuttles, and military insignia - all easy to transport! Now I have four sewing machines and a serger. Two of the machines "followed me home" one for free, and one almost free. One machine and the serger were gifts from the Hubster, and one has been with me since 1975, so I can not set it free. It knows all my secrets!

I don't want or need another machine...but shouldn't I find a pristine Singer 201-2 to put in the Singer #42 cabinet...and then find an appropriate Pfaff cabinet for the Pfaff 130? If it were a "parlour-type cabinet", I could make a spot for it in my living room.

Enablers - each and every one of you. Wonderful, informative, entertaining, inspiring enablers.