Old 04-16-2015, 12:12 PM
NikkiLu

Yes, a bunch of enablers for sure! I remembered that my Mom had a treadle machine in the basement when I was a kid (about 60 yrs ago) and that I learned to sew on it. She is still in the same house and has had several electric machines since then. She is 92 yrs old and still sharp as a tack. So, I called her recently and asked her whatever happened to the old treadle machine and she said that it was still in the basement. We live 3 hours away and I had to practically bribe my DH into making a special, quick trip to St. Louis to look at it. Imagine my disappointment when she showed it to us - hiding under boxes under the basement stairs - only to find out it was an electric Kenmore. I said "I thought you said it was a treadle???" - she answered, I thought you said did I still have that old "pedal" machine????? LOL - LOL She wanted to keep it in case she needed to mend something. I did come home with a 301 in a blonde cabinet that was in her breezeway that belonged to her boyfriend's dearly departed wife. Now, my cousin just passed away and I am going to get a White electric in a cabinet as soon as they can haul it out of her basement. I would never have wanted more than one machine until I started reading about all of the machine collectors on here. THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBORS MACHINES.