Old 04-17-2015, 06:16 AM
SingerSewer

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Who presented the library program? What does machine embroidery have to do with a library or was this a presentation from an outside expert? Keep your presentation general and not too mired in details. An overview vs a lesson. Each machine is different and unless you are familiar with each, you will become the teacher.
sandy
I will be doing the program. The program will not be about selling machines. It will be informational. My embroidery friends and I have found when we were buying our machines you can do all sorts of research on the actual machines. The dealers are great to show the wonderful features each of their models boast. What is sometimes (not always) missing is the information concerning software needed to view designs on your computer. I am not referring to digitizing or anything more than seeing the design and maybe changing the format. Somehow that is not referred to in research done on machines. There is the stabilizer, thread and many of the things already mentioned by all of you creative thinkers.

The goal is to have consumers aware that buying the machine is not all there is to the embroidery experience. For instance one lady was thinking about buying a machine and she told me she had plenty of thread. She didn't realize thread she used for piecing or quilting wasn't necessarily what she was going to need. Those are the types of things...not information on a particular brand, model, etc of any machine.

Please keep the suggestions coming. They are helping so much.

PS: The local library offers a variety of different programs. Lots deal with crafts then there are the book club meetings, etc. Our library is wonderful.

Last edited by SingerSewer; 04-17-2015 at 06:19 AM. Reason: additional info