View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 10:33 AM
madamekelly

We have a huge dog, a medium dog, a large cat, and a little bitty cat. When the dogs are sleeping, the cats take turns walking by them being very stealthy. They get up to the dog, tag him or her on the head, and run like hell for the dining room chairs so the dogs are frustrated in catching them. I worried about this at first, until I figured out that the cats are the ones teasing the dogs, not the dogs just chasing the cats. Pay attention, if that is what is happening, they are playing a game, so don't worry, just make sure the cats can escape, and they will be fine. If the dog is not growling, or barking like mad, then it is probably a game they play. A Llasa Apso has a sense of humor, they will keep you laughing. My BFF's MIL had one that was the life of the party.

for the record, my service dog will not respond to his name either, so we taught him certain words he only hears when out and about. "With mom" means to heel, "take the dog home", means go in the house, "in" means to get in the car, and when in the house, if we say "car dog" my big dog turns into a yappy poodle cause he knows he is going for a ride! In the house, he will answer to his name, but once outside, all bets are off!

Last edited by madamekelly; 04-17-2015 at 10:37 AM.