Old 04-17-2015, 02:06 PM
Dina

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Dina....i got it ....and i don't mind if you were bragging....having done queen size couple of times myself - on a machine that sits up on my table, not flat with the surface - i know what a challenge it can be. My biggest problem is my shoulders get tired and my arms get a little sore "dragging" the quilt around. So i say "good for you" !!!
But i doubt you'll have that problem...you are obviously way younger than i am ---- and if you're out jogging...in way better shape as well !!!
Well, I am 67, but I am addicted to running, just like I am addicted to quilting. (Though I have only been quilting 5 years, I have been a runner for 37. It is an addiction. I get grumpy if I don't run...)

My machine also sits on top of a desk, not flush with the top. But when I put my ironing board to the left of my machine, that supports most of the weight of the quilt. Then there is some space behind my machine also, about 14 inches. I think supporting the quilt, like ManiaQuilter2 says, really helps.

I used to teach school and I enjoyed grading papers. I used to get the strangest stares from fellow teachers when I said I enjoyed grading papers. I suspect there were some quilters giving me similar stares through the monitor when I said I was enjoying this queen sized quilting. I probably wouldn't be enjoying it if things weren't going so well, but so far they are good. And I am just glad there are room for all of us out there.

Dina

Last edited by Dina; 04-17-2015 at 02:13 PM.