Old 01-11-2010, 10:37 AM
beginnerquilter

Hi everyone

I have decided thanks to my friend to make a "Practice Quilt" first before I actually start making a bigger one. It is going to be a small Quilt and I mean Small.

I am using the material that I already have. I cut out Triangles and than I'm sewing them together to make Blocks. The colors won't exactly match up with one another but that is okay too. I may end up buying some material through Connecting Friends too.

Now granted this is not going to be a Perfect Quilt since this is the first time I have ever made one.

I need to make one first as a practice piece before I make a 12 x 12 or 24 x 24 size quilt. The only part that I'm having trouble with is my cutting due to the material wants to move even when I have my hands on the material. I'm going have to practice that more I guess.

I took pictures of my blocks so I am going to upload them to my Blog in a little bit and I will post them on here too.

Now granted my sewing isn't the best neither is my cutting at this time so please forgive me. This is just a practice one okay. In Due Time I'm sure I will get much better.

I think I'm going to put a strip in between each set of blocks too.

Thanks for reading this and for looking at my Practice Squares.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-66464.jpe