View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 09:07 AM
gerideboer

Default Half yard increments

[QUOTE=feline fanatic;7166816]Many on line quilt shops price in half yard increments. A few even price in quarter yard increments. This is not because the fabric store is trying to be sneaky, it is because most shopping cart programs only accommodate "whole units". Fabric is one of the few items marketed in fractional units. If on line quilt shops won't cut less than one yard (like thousands of bolts) they usually price in the increments they are willing to cut.

It is the purchasers responsibility to pay attention to what they are ordering on line and that the price is for the quantity they intend to purchase.

I have a hard time buying this. It is confusing to price in 1/2 yds There are some people who just aren't that savvy. Surely the big fabric stores can get software that prices in yard incrediments. I won't buy from stores that don't. I always write and tell them so too! I think it is sneaky and can't believe I am the only one who thinks that way. I don't appreciate buyer be aware when I am shopping for fabric. Geri