View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Granny B

Has anyone else noticed the poor quality of these two fabrics now that they're made in Thailand? I went to JoAnn's to buy some Kona solids and when I looked at the fabric it had the texture of some cheap WalMart sheets. It's the same at Hancock's. I didn't buy any. When I got home I looked at the labels on the bolts I have and the point of origin is Pakistan. The difference in the quality from the two countries is unbelievable. The next day I visited the LQS and looked at a bolt of Robert Kaufman and it is also now made in Thailand with the same diminished quality. When I asked the owner about it she just shrugged her shoulders and didn't answer. Am I just getting old and cantankarous about these things or has anyone else noticed. I e-mailed Kona, but never got an answer. I use the Kona on projects for the church so I don't want to use the poorer quality fabric. I guess I'll have to find a reasonably good substitute that has better quality. Since I'm footing the bill sure hope it's at JoAnn's or Hancock's because of the coupon savings.