View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Macybaby

Don't worry about that farmhousesewer - does not hurt to have more info.

Do you know if there were any display cases made with the "wrong" numbers? I've bought one assortment that had the "old" numbers - it's easy with the Singer/White to tell because they are so very different.

I have an older Davis and older VS white, but think they are not "old" enough. At one point I had a Davis VF that was the low arm model. I bought it because I just could not leave it at the antique shop (I know the owner) and when I came to my senses - passed it on to a guy in CA that collects the early machines. I have the "last" version of Davis VF that takes the 15x1 needle.

I believe my oldest White is the small Peerless model (reconditioned to electric at some time) but I also have what I think is a VS2. Both of these take the same shuttle with the pin in the middle, and I think the one that takes the longer needle is the one with the boat shuttle (same for Davis). If it turns out that is the case, I'll either have to decide to get another boat shuttle machine and a WW8, or not have those two early machines in the collection.

And it's good to know the Singer 12 takes the round shank. That is my one and only boat shuttle machine, and I would like to keep it that way. I have a collection of Singers along with my other collection, so I can justify (in my mind) having a Singer that is pre "High Arm" style.