View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 06:52 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

A sad story indeed. When my sister passed away my nieces gave me her stash, but when we had to leave our home of 33 years, it made the job of downsizing that much more difficult for me. Fortunately, I have a dear friend who stood by me and helped me whittle down my considerable stash, with some for her to keep, some to pass on to other quilters and charity groups. Since we've moved to an apt., I have been trying to use up the fabrics I have, however, a spinal cord injury sidelined me for several months, however, I am fortunate to have recovered 95% of my previous abilities. Then I was sidelined again with a torn rotator cuff repair, managed to get a patchwork and appliqued quilt for our DGD, totally from my stash, and thankfully was able to quilt it after my surgery just in time to give it to Zoe as a Christmas present. Now I'm facing a shoulder replacement in that same shoulder, knowing I'll be in a sling for 4-6 weeks, but praying that once recovered from the surgery I will no longer have none, or very little pain so that I can get back to doing "normal" things, like quilting and sewing. Fingers crossed. I do, however, need to let my DH and kids know where to give my stash so it can continue to do good.