Old 04-21-2015, 10:43 AM
quilt938

Default what quilts are in your I want to make soon/someday file?

I have sooo many ufos (and would be finished with probably half if I didn't have to work for a living!) though honestly that's probably not true because I'd likely be adding to the ufo pile if I could still afford fabric!

but, there are so many books I bought back when I first got serious about quilting - back in 2001 - that I still want to make. I was moving stuff around and came across all kinds of quilt books, patterns, and magazines and some I STILL want to make (and wish I'd made when the 'craze' was going around but felt I wasn't experienced/good enough to attempt with the 'expert' quilters I hung out with.

some of these are stack n whack (like the star version which a friend told me was way harder and I should wait until I'm better and do the hexagon version which seems to be her fave)...tradition with a twist has several I just LOVE. I also love french braid (though I may settle for a jelly roll version)..dear jane (ok nuts here!), quilted diamonds....one block wonder (gosh at least 5 yrs now wanting this!)

I probably won't be doing the hand projects any time soon (thinking of doing a hexagon quilt though) but I think it's time I gave serious thought to some of these others - esp the one block wonder, stack n whack, braind and 1-2 from tradition with a twist book that I've admired for so long(think one is called blooming 9 patch or trip around the world 9 patch) I still remember the quilts people brought to the shop and thinking I'd do one someday when I got better - but didn't realize at the time that once a fad has passed with quilters it seems to have passed until there's a lull and someone new gets with another someone new and they start a mini-craze again!

in the meantime I"m finishing up a graduation gift quilt and maybe trying a weighted quilt for a coworker's nearly grown son(autism) and pulling out random ufo's to finish. scrappy ufos are tough to carry around to bees and sewins as I need my scrap stash piles LOL!