View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 04:29 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I agree with the ladies that like kits. I have never bought one that was pre-cut for you. Honestly, I have never even seen one that is that way. But, I don't think my pocketbook could afford such a luxury.

I have bought a few kits, and I love to convenience of not having to find everything in multiple stores. I still have three quilts I am trying to find one or two fabrics for until they are ready to make. It isn't fun to me. I keep a moderate stash and mostly choose quilts from that.

I also agree with the lady that said she wanted the pattern and the only way to get it was in a kit. I recently bought a round purse pattern like that at connecting threads that was a kit only situation. No matter it was on sale. LOL!
I personally don't see people complaining about the block of the month quilts. Those are for the most part kitted for you by the quilt stores.

I also think there are many new quilters that have a little problem with color ways. This is a good way to learn, don't you think?

I think there is nothing wrong with a kit. It still takes skill to cut, piece and finish it.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 04-21-2015 at 04:33 PM.