View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 06:54 AM
Bobbielinks

Default Disappearing Hourglass

Oh, how I love two color quilts! I had heard a lot about the Disappearing hourglass pattern from MSQ I had to try it. I cut my beginning squares at 9.5 inches and went from there. I looked for several weeks for the perfect pink fabric and never did find it until I was looking at wide backing fabrics online. Found this gorgeous pink backing so I ordered enough to make the quilt top and the backing. Love this pattern. Now I am wanting to make a blue and white one. The border idea I stole from my friend, Doris. She had seen my pink and white quilt while it was in the cutting stage and liked it enough to make a red and white one. Doris got hers done before I got mine done and brought it to me for quilting; that's when I saw her border and asked if I might use her idea on mine. The quilt shows the pink binding sewn to the front and not yet turned to the back and stitched down. I stitch the binding to the front while it is still loaded on my quilting frame. In the picture it looks like the quilt has two pink borders, but it only has one pink border, then the binding.
Attached Thumbnails quilts-motorhome-027.jpg  

Last edited by Bobbielinks; 04-22-2015 at 06:57 AM.