View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 06:48 AM
Genden

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
How many quilts is like asking how long is string.

How many really only asks the question, "how do we measure up". We are measured up and found lacking in so many areas of our life why do it to ourselves inadvertently?
I asked the question introspectively. I would hope we are not measured by the number of quilts we complete. The complete life takes in so much more. I am at a point where I am trying to honestly evaluate how much of my stash I will be able to use up and how many quilts on my wish list I will be able to complete. I also like to try new techniques and have a list of those. After reading replies to this thread, maybe I am not quite as slow as I thought I was, since I seem to choose complex quilt patterns.

I admire those of you who complete so many charity quilts. What a labor of love. I marvel at how much of your lives you dedicate to providing warmth and comfort to others.

The answers to this thread also help me reflect on the creative outlet quilting provides and the beauty it provides for the quilter and the receiver of the quilt, whether it is a stranger or a loved family member.

I think think we all measure up.