View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
cumberlandquiltchick
Banned

[quote=OdessaQuilts]It wouldn't be so distressing if these lines weren't so gosh-darned expensive! Am I right? When I'm paying $12.00+ per yard for Kaufmann and the quality slips, but the price doesn't, then I just have to stop buying it. But I make sure that the shop owners know why I'm not spending my $$ with them for that reason.

I also let my computer help me by sending letters and e-mails to the companies involved. I may only be one voice, but I feel I am representative of so many others who just don't take the time to express their opinions. I feel it is my responsibility to pass along why I am finding it more difficult to purchase something. And on the flip side, when I find something that I feel justifies spending my money on, I make sure to let that company/store/website know why I am buying from them, too.

Businesses want repeat business. It keeps their doors open and the lights on. If Kaufmann suddenly realizes that cheaper quality is not going to translate into the profit margin they are accustomed to receiving, they may change back, but who knows?

I say, get the best quality you can afford to buy and use it as much as possible. Keep the good suppliers in business for all of us. The chaff shall fall by the wayside eventually ( or so they say).

Odessa Quilts,
Well said!