Thread: mailing a quilt
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 09:34 AM
AZ Jane

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Do Not write on the outside of the box what the contents are. You don't even have to mention scraps. You don't even have to tell them what it is. I just tell them it's repairs needed.
[QUOTE] A Priority box is the way to go...it includes tracking. You can watch as it travels the country.
But please, if anyone asks what it is at the post office....tell them you are trading scraps with a friend. Never mention that it is a quilt. [QUOTE]

[QUOTE] DO NOT write QUILT on the outside of the box.......don't put the quilt in a box AT the post office or FEDX or UPS stores. Don't let anyone know what's in the box. I used the priority boxes at PO, too and sent a LOT of quilts out.....never lost a one. {QUOTE]

The only time someone should ask or you were to write on the box what is inside, is if you are shipping overseas. Then you are required to fill out a Customs Form. Shipping within the US does not require a customs form. Why would you write on the box what is inside. I have never heard of such a thing. They are allowed to ask if there is liquid or flammable. But even then, it is a yes or no question. That questions is for bio-hazardous material. If you are shipping soup and it leaks, they need to know it is not necessary to call in the bio-hazard team. Yes, bio-hazard material is mailed all the time. (blood, urine, etc).