Old 04-25-2015, 01:08 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Well, I did it Lynnie. I spent about an hour playing with some leftover bonus hsts cut from my Scrappy Swoon quilt, which is all put together too, btw... So I have my swap all ready to send to a partner. It's an abstract interpretation of the garden theme.

I'm not making the wedding dress from scratch, just doing some big alterations. They couldn't order her dress in her size in the time frame she needed so she had to take one that was two sizes too big, but in stock. I get to cut it down for her and the bodice is covered in a pleated chiffon overlay. It has to come in at the back zipper, and the zipper tab is covered with buttons that have tiny loops on the opposite side. Each button must be looped for them to stand out straight and look pretty. I have to take all that out and redo it! Once I get her bodice done, then I have to measure her for the hem and hem several layers, all tiny rolled hems.

Then, when that's done, my dress needs hemming and the shoulders taken up, and it's covered in light layers of ruffles! I'll really be wishing I bought something simpler.... but it's so pretty!

So... gobs of work. I have been procrastinating, making another quilt top, or quilting another top, ANYTHING not to start on these alterations. But now it's time to pay the piper. I know I'll feel great when it's all done.