View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 11:23 AM
saor

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
It looks like a great machine. A very nice looking cabinet and the machine appears very well kept and is in great cosmetic condition. I don't think it was used all that much. I don't see any wear on the bed of the machine. It looks nearly new. Joe already explained about the drive wheel. I would love to have a machine like it. I still haven't stumbled onto the right deal for a machine with a turtleback motor like yours.
Rodney
I said the same thing about it looking almost brand new. But, they swore to me that she used it a lot. In fact, they were telling me about it and couldn't even remember where it was. Turns out they had been using it as a night stand in the guest room, lol.

I have been doing a bunch of research most of the day on it, there doesn't seem to be much of a following unlike the Singers. I did see a video about the fly wheel and being able to modify the modern universal needles to fit it. Fortunately, the manual was in the cupboard because I have been having a hard time finding the one that I have on the web.

I haven't turned it on yet because it looks really dry and didn't want to take a chance accidentally seizing something. I have watched the videos from Muv and Fav, so it's not as over-whelming any longer and I have a place to start.

Last edited by saor; 04-27-2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: forgot