View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 05:55 PM
lynnie
Power Poster

If the felt stuff is working, go for it. Ceader chests are as good as storage if it's been cleaned properly to gt the sweat, dust and dirt out of the skins.
Female coats cost about 2/3 mor than a male coat. a mink coat/jacket is mae from the whole skin area of the animal. foxes for instance have a full skin area less the belly and rump. a mink, being the fur is finer the whole area is used, not countings paws and face and tail. they go into section coats, i'd love to show you, but can't here. the skin is stretched 3 times and is then split into about 1/4" sections and put back together to form one strip of the coat. when looking at a mink coat, you'll notice haw there are sections, on a male about 2 3/4" to 3" on a female about 2". males are 2 to3 times larger than a female. male coats take less skins therefor less expensive. female fur is softer than a males skin and take more to make a coat. Natural colors for a mink coat are white, black and mahogany and cerulean, the grey color. to get the grey color, they are fed fish only and their fur comes out grey. any more questions, let me know, i'll try to answer them for you. good luck with the coat. Enjoy it as a coat or pillows. I've made pillows out of all types of fur. they are fun. Female coats have on the average about 3 times more furs. the 'let out' means that the skins have been stripped and put back together in the fashion to make the strip of fur fabric. these strips are put together with strips of leather. this forms the base of the fur coat. have fun with it.

Last edited by lynnie; 04-27-2015 at 05:57 PM.