View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 05:36 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

Cande, That's the info I used to contact Olfa. Here is the last email I received from them when the courtesy replacement clause was added. lol

Ms ********
I am unsure of why this may be happening to the mat.

From what you have described in your e-mail, it sounds as if channels have been created in the mat. By this I mean that certain areas of the mat have been used for cutting a little more and therefore there are more cut marks within a small area. When this happens, grooves are created (cuts are close together) and then eventually the cuts join together creating a flaking/gouging effect. This is also caused because we do not cut at a perfect 90 degree angle so when multiple cutting occurs in an area we actually create grooves which will eventually loosen off. Although all cutting mats are self healing, one has to remember that the mat only closes the gap created after a cut...it does not seal/adhere itself. We do recommend using the back side of our mats for general purpose cutting (when the grid lines are not required) to help prolong the life of the mat.

Unfortunately our mats do not have any type of warranty or guarantee; however, as a one time courtesy to you I will replace your mat providing you send me the one you are having an issue with.

Once I receive the mat from you I will issue you your replacement.

Please send the mat to the following address:

World Kitchen LLC
C/O OLFA Customer Service
1200 South Antrim Way
Greencastle PA 17225