Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 PM
omak

It took me a minute to figure out why Miss Tammy had made me a quilt of a house in the woods, when I live in a high desert! She lives in the same state I do, so I then thought, well, maybe she thinks I miss the trees, and THEN! :idea:
A number of months ago, on a different thread, I was discussing a house from a place where I was born and raised. The first time I had seen this beautiful little house, sitting on the hill, against the forest, the hot pink and apple green GLOWED in the overcast skies of my old stomping grounds.
As you can see, Miss Tammy caught the effect QUITE well.
Thank you, Tammy ... the quilt is very special, you did EXCELLENT work, and it will always make me smile when I look at it - - you went way beyond anything I could have imagined! So cool.
P.S. Hubby takes as much interest in the swaps, also ... when I told him "The house from the Naselle junction!" He said, "It sure IS!" (because he knows how much I have enjoyed it <g>) and then, he started commenting on the sky, trying to figure out how it was done. HE figured out about the fabric painting BEFORE I did! Isn't he clever??? LOL <wave>