View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 11:50 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
Tammi OMG that was a steal! What a beauty. I couldn't have passed that up on a bet.

I am thinking I will make a new pin for the tension but need to figure out how long to make it first. Anyone know how long the tension pin is in a Necchi Supernova?

Gah! CD, It does seem to be normal. I have a little dish with funky odd bits left over. Most of them are things I replaced or handled differently but they are still a little haunting!
I actually felt a little like I was taking advantage of the lady but she kept telling me she only wanted what she'd paid for it in the 70s. She was really concerned about it finding a good home and asked me twice to take care of it. I will.

I'd start by making a pin maybe 1/16" bigger than the one you have. If you can't assemble or properly actuate the presser lever with that, you need to make one maybe 1/32" bigger.

I have a drawer in one of those parts organizers that does the same. With the electronic machines when I service them at the shop I subcontract to, I usually take the screws or whatever and place them in the part that they secure. So one machine can cover an entire 8ft banquet table! Usually there's no more than a half dozen "other" screws that I corral in a magnetic dish. So far I've been lucky. I've always been able to find a place to stick all of those screws. Whether it was the right spots on the other hand.... :P