View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 09:03 PM
ArchaicArcane

OK, well I think I spent about 6 hours on this machine today! Howard's Feed'n'Wax on the case til I figure out how to remove the spilled and splattered paint. It sure sucked that right up! Cleaned the machine, including confiscating her fur coat. *shudder* Decided to put a couple of coats of Shellac on her to protect what's left of the decals. I did lose some definition in about a dime sized spot of her decals, under the bobbin winder trying to remove all of the old oil. It was so thick that you couldn't even tell there were decals under it. I figured a tiny it of loss was better than 1/32" of standing solid oil. Between the cleaning of bright work and prep for shellac, I went through more than 2oz of Everclear.... on the machine... I'm still sober. I'll wait a week and polish her up. I need to source some DBx1 needles too so I can test sew, unless I just use the old one for now. I need some anyway because for some reason the only ones I can get here are too thick to fit the needle clamps of any of my German machines and I'm going to guess this one too. Oh, and I have to figure out threading for bobbin winding. This one looks different than my German machines and the Singer VS machines. In the meantime though, here she is:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]518439[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]518440[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]518441[/ATTACH]

Oh, and I got 2 more coats of shellac on the 201 too, so that one's pretty much ready for polishing and reassembly in a week too.
Attached Thumbnails img_4077.jpg   img_4075.jpg   img_4076.jpg