Old 01-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Rachelcb80

Originally Posted by nursie76
I adore my Bernina, but part of the beauty of the Bernina is the wonderful warranty and the awesome dealer I have. Granted they are about 1 hour from my house, but it is worth the trip. Also, you get free classes on how to use your machine, which you can take as often as you want, for free (at least at my dealer). So, try to get it from a dealer. They have frequent sales, with great deals on used machines and as I said before, interest free financing. I didn't think I would qualify, but they did allow me to finance $1000 for 6 months. Paid it off in December, so "Nina" is mine free and clear!
There is a Bernina dealer about an hour away from me (everything is about an hour away because I live in the sticks). I've put them on my "for sure" list of stores to visit, probably next weekend. I'm not sure if they sell used machines but I won't know unless I go look, huh? :) I was going to look around a bit this past weekend but got busy adopting a cat at the animal shelter. She's laying next to me now and she's glad I didn't go look at sewing machines. :D