Old 05-01-2015, 05:56 AM
ladydukes

A friend and I attended the Bonnie Hunter trunk show and two-day workshops in Spokane, WA last week. Wow! What a treat! Bonnie is so bubbly and fun, and down-to-earth! The 1 pm trunk show had 350 attendees and the 7 pm trunk show had at least 150 attendees. Being able to see her quilts "up close and personal" and even being able to touch them after the show was eye-opening. Pictures do not do any of the justice! Quilters from the WA State Quilt Guild had a show and share time for quilts they made as well. The Friday workshop was Texas Braid, which was so much fun. We learned a lot of 'tricks of the trade' from Bonnie. After lunch, we had "show and share" for quilters who brought their quilts or quilt tops. I showed my version of Grand Illusion (with the black sashings). Everyone ooo-ed and aaa-ed over it, and Bonnie really liked it. Bonnie took pics of all of our quilts and placed them on Quiltville. Then, Friday evening, there were nine of us who had dinner with Bonner, so we had a great opportunity to visit. Saturday was Smith Mountain Morning workshop, which again, was a blast. Everyone really enjoyed it! Bonnie mentioned that around June 1, Grand Illusion will be removed from her website, so if anyone still wants the instructions, they need to print it out or save the pdf files this month, otherwise it will become a digital download, which will not be free.