Old 01-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Margie

I have a Viking No 1 (bought it new around 1992...workhorse, but machines changed a lot in the next few years. I use it at our cottage.

Janone silver (ASG anniversary edition) very light weight and good for taking somewhere for minor work, but just doesnt have the feel that I like. It is a good machine depending on what you want to use it for.

I have a Bernina 180(bought new in 2001) use it for sewing only and never for embroidery. Love it/

I have a Pfaff 2056 2002 new, love the built in dual feed. Great machine.

Babylock Elegante bought new 2007, wonderful machine, use mostly for embroidery but all functions on it great.

Brother Duetta bought new 2008, same as Babylock built by same company, wonderful machine, use mostly for embroidery all functions on it great.

Got a Bernina 830E for Christmas....wonderful!

I like all the above listed machines, however, I LOVE LOVE the Berninas. Their motto is "Nothing sews like a Bernina" and I believe it...they are fantastic machines. Made in Switzerland and have great features.;;

There are many great machines out there, you just need to try them and see what feels right to you and what fits your budget.

GOOD LUCK and happy quilting.

Margie