Old 01-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Sheree from Chicago

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I keep forgetting to say......

I don't know how everyone is labelling their blocks (or even if people are) but I tossed around a few ideas and settled on a fabric pen... I've been writing the name of the block (A1, B2, etc) on the back on one of the seam allowances. So no chance of it showing through, and no chance of it falling off (like stickers), and it's not going to use up all my pins either! :-)
I'm glad you brought this up Blue. I was pondering the same thing. Right now, the PP has the name/# but not all are PP, and I don't want to pin/staple. Right now we're dealing with a manageable amount. If we don't have a numbering system in place we will all be going mad when we go to piece the top. Then I wondered if everyone is putting blocks in the same place as Jane did. I also am getting obsessed with Dear Jane. I'm thinking "what am I going to do without her for nine days on the cruise"! LOL I'm probably going to look ahead for applique ones to work on when I'm fried and can't be in the sun! I'm also going to bring the software book so I can try again to figure out how to save my edited blocks in my quilt design page. I think I really need to be able to do that because not all blocks are red, white and blue and I don't want too many red/white or blue white in a single area. I may even scrap the red, white and blue and do a two color with batiks like Cher's or Lacy's when I get back.
Sorry I'm so chatty. I fell asleep after dinner and now I'm up and ready to roll! LOL. I'm going up to do some sewing! Smiles