View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 09:24 PM
itchtostitch

Hi, I live in Sugar Land and can't say enough about how great the Nasa area Sew Contempo has been about helping me with my purchase of a used Viking Designer 1.......not even from them, but from one of their customers. I've been totally trashed by some other retailers who were miffed that I didn't purchase a machine from them. Gee, they forgot that I still need software, thread, stabilizer, etc. - thousands of dollars worth of stuff. As soon as I purchased the Designer 1 I took it right to Sew Contempo for servicing for a fresh start. Good job and they treated me as if I had been shopping there forever. They were exceedingly patient and helpful with my software selection whereas I was treated rudely at my local store. They serviced my machine long before I expressed interest in software. I spoke with the technician. He seems very knowledgeable. This store also advised against a costly upgrade to my machine which the other store was more than happy to do for an inflated price. After reading the forums, I find that the upgrade would have been a mistake and that Sew Contempo guided me away from a hundreds of dollar disaster. I will be taking my much loved Pfaff 1229 to them for servicing. I don't trust her to just anyone. I spoke with someone from the other Bernina store in Houston that has the 3 locations. They seem to know what they are doing and were very helpful over the phone. You might get a kick out of bringing you machine over when they have a class scheduled that you like, or making a trip to Fabrics, Etc for a class or browsing while you are in the area. P.S. If you haven't already decided on someone, it seems that a lot of dealers are having big sales in the next weeks leading into Super Bowl weekend. Might want to check on the sale schedule before making the drive over.