View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Can you take it back to the store where you bought it? I would rattle the pillars of hell if they didn't do something about it. I think there are well over 3000 members on this site. Do they really want to screw with us. Maybe we should all send them emails & complain about their customer service to our friend.
I'd be willing to write a letter to them! My first Olfa mat lasted just about forever. I finally bought a second one and my sister, who was learning to quilt, used it and cut these long furrows in it with the rotary cutter. It was only a few weeks old at that point and I could have cried. Instead I turned it over and made sure not to let her use my mat ever again. (We live in different states so it isn't like it's a big issue, but still!) After using it for many years I bought a third one and that one just didn't seem to last long at all. I turned it over and the back worked so much better than the front. Now I wonder if it wore out quickly due to their not making their product as well as they used to. I now need another mat and I'm just going to buy the biggest one I can find at Joann's with my 40% coupon and not worry about the brand label. If Olfa won't stand behind their products, I'm not interested in handing them my money. PBBBTT on them!!

And of course they don't want us to turn the mat over and use it. That would extend the lifetime of the mat and they'd make less money. Duh! I've never had a single issue with using the back of my mat and it doesn't dull my rotary blades any faster either. I say if the front is getting too worn, turn it over and use it that way for a few more years. Fie on them!